Sunday, January 13, 2013

G'Day Mate!

Minutes away from the start of Oz! Since I am so late to the party, I'll forego analyzing the draw (there are a billion analyses on the web anyway) and dive right into picking the winners:

Men's Champion: Novak Djokovic. Three of his five majors wins were at Melbourne Park, he's the #1 player on the ATP, he's the two-time defending champ. 'Nuff said, really.

Women's Champion: Serena Williams. I'm sure most people already picked her to win Oz after her 2012 summer sweep, but those few who didn't were waiting to see if she could pick up where she left off at Brisbane. She did more than pick up where she left off, she took it to another gear. I don't think anything is stopping her.

Agree with these selections? Leave a comment to discuss. Expect less blogging and more watching (and tweeting) from me. Bring on the late nights and/or early mornings! The DVR and coffee machine will be working overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment